Musical favorites tap deep emotional recall. That favorite song brings joy, eases pain, reduces stress, and can facilitate social connection. For family members, sharing a loved one’s music can enhance visits and deepen relationships that may have seemed lost, especially to dementia. For staff, personalized music provides an entryway to more meaningful relationships with those in their care — as well as a way to ease transitions, avoid challenging behaviors, and save time.
Again and again, care professionals tell us that our program is often life-changing for everyone involved:
- At last, here is a way to give pleasure to people with advanced dementia.
- Personalized music offers an enjoyable, fulfilling activity for those in dialysis, on vent, or bed-bound.
- Listening to musical favorites increases cooperation and attention, and reduces resistance to care — a real boost for staff morale.
- Personalized music reduces agitation and sundowning.
- Beloved music enhances engagement and socialization, fostering a calmer social environment.
- Music & Memory provides a valuable alternative to psychotropic medications.
Ready to get started?