MUSIC & MEMORY® Tablet Engagement
Enriching Lives with Everyday
Cost: $800 (Free for certified organizations)
- Using FaceTime and Skype to stay connected with family and loved ones.
- Creating a personalized music playlist.
- Engaging in interactive or individual activities with recommended music engagement apps.
Now more than ever, as residential care organizations are looking for more in-room activities to help reduce the emotional and physical effects of isolation, tablets can make it easier to stay connected and provide genuine communication.
Music & Memory provides a in-depth training for caregivers to introduce tablets to your communities. Designed as an extension of our personalized music program, participants will learn how to use a tablet to inspire meaningful experiences for those in their care, including how to create a personalized music playlist and how to engage with a number of great apps.
Training also includes guidance for purchasing a tablet and making it more accessible.
"The use of the tablet is unlimited. They can be used by all to varying degrees, with and without assistance."
- Cindy Dawson, Oneida County Long Term Care, West Malad, Idaho
Training is now offered on demand!
Training consists of one 60-minute live webinar. Training costs are $800 per organization, and includes Music & Memory Certification Training and one year of training & support services. This training is free for all certified organizations with current memberships. Click here to download the Music & Memory Tablet Training Brochure. We look forward to seeing you at the next training!
For questions, email email@example.com.
Civil Money Penalty Reinvestment Program
CMS, through their Civil Monetary Penalty (CMP) Reinvestment program, is making it extremely easy for skilled nursing communities to purchase tablets to help address this isolation. This initiative has been structured to make the application easy to complete and there are no reporting requirements if you receive funding.
Here are the main criteria:
- You are a skilled nursing community that is eligible to receive Medicaid funding for your residents.
- You are allocated up to $3,000 per community, with a ratio of one tablet for every seven to ten residents.
- You commit to use the tablets to reduce isolation, primarily through video chat.
- You have a sufficient level of internet connectivity throughout your community.
- Submit the application to your state CMP contact*.
Have additional questions?
COVID-19 Application FAQ