Enriching Lives with Everyday Technology
Now more than ever, as residential care organizations are looking for more in-room activities to help reduce the emotional and physical effects of isolation, tablets can make it easier to stay connected and provide genuine communication.
Music & Memory provides in-depth training for caregivers to introduce tablets to your communities. Designed as an extension of our personalized music program, participants will learn how to use a tablet to inspire meaningful experiences for those in their care, including:
- Using FaceTime and Skype to stay connected with family and loved ones.
- Creating a personalized music playlist.
- Engaging in interactive or individual activities with recommended music engagement apps.
Training also includes guidance for purchasing a tablet and making it more accessible, operation instructions, and solutions for common issues.
Enrollment cost: $800 per organization. Includes Music & Memory Certification Training and one year of training & support services. Free for all certified organizations with current memberships. To register, visit musicandmemory.org/training. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Download brochure.
Upcoming Training Dates:
Sept: 24th ; 1-2pm EST
Oct: 29th ; 1-2pm EST
Nov: 12th ; 1-2pm EST
Dec: 10th ; 1-2pm EST
“The use of the tablet is unlimited. They can be used by all to varying degrees with and without assistance.” – Cindy Dawson, Oneida County Long Term Care, West Malad, Idaho
Ready to get started?
Civil Money Penalty Reinvestment Program
One of the most heartbreaking realities of the Covid-19 pandemic has been the disconnection between residents living in senior living communities and their families. CMS, through their Civil Monetary Penalty (CMP) Reinvestment program, is making it extremely easy for skilled nursing communities to purchase tablets to help address this isolation. This initiative has been structured to make the application easy to complete and there are no reporting requirements if you receive funding.
Here are the main criteria:
- You are a skilled nursing community that is eligible to receive Medicaid funding for your residents.
- You are allocated up to $3,000 per community, with a ratio of one tablet for every seven to ten residents.
- You commit to use the tablets to reduce isolation, primarily through video chat.
- You have a sufficient level of internet connectivity throughout your community.
- Submit the application to your state CMP contact*.