Are you a student interested in volunteering for MUSIC & MEMORY®? Volunteering creates an excellent opportunity for intergenerational support, bringing people of all ages together to improve the quality of life for the elderly or infirm. There are many ways students of all majors and backgrounds can get involved. Student volunteers are making a huge impact on Music & Memory programs across the nation by
- Creating Music & Memory® student chapters and volunteer programs.
- Engaging in a service-based learning class.
- Creating personal connections with others in their community.
- And so much more!
If you are a student or professor that is passionate about using personalized music to help others, starting a Music & Memory student organization or volunteer program at your college or university might be right for you!
Why start a student chapter?
- You can improve the quality of life for the elderly or infirm through our care program.
- You can complete volunteer hours required by your school.
- You can make personal playlists for residents at a certified Music & Memory facilities, host an iPod drive, and more!
- Music & Memory student chapters can be a fun and social way to make a difference in the world and meet people with similar interests.
- By starting a student chapter, you can help create culture change in our healthcare and eldercare systems by reducing the use of unnecessary medication, increasing person-directed care program, fostering intergenerational support and more!
- Music & Memory student chapters can help you find new passions and introduce you to fulfilling career options.
How can student chapters help Music & Memory?
Student programs can help get Music & Memory programs started or help them improve!
- Students can help staff members by dedicating their time specifically to the Music & Memory program.
- Students tend to be tech savvy and can help out with equipment such as iPods or laptops.
- Student groups can hold equipment drives to collect iPods, laptops and other equipment for Music & Memory certified facilities.
- A Music & Memory student chapter can provide a consistent volunteer base to a Music & Memory program throughout the years. As seniors graduate, new freshman will arrive.
- Student groups can provide financial support to Music & Memory programs by holding fundraisers to buy equipment for existing Music & Memory programs or to get a facility Music & Memory certified.
- Students can hold Alive Inside film screenings and Music & Memory speaking engagements at their school to incite community awareness and support.
For step by step instructions on how to start a student chapter, please fill out the form below for immediate access to our student kit.
Click here to check out one of our Music & Memory student chapters are doing!
Once they fill this out, they will receive immediate access to the student kit
Get involved: For college students/professor