MUSIC & MEMORY® Certification Training
Get the Music & Memory
Cost: $500-1250 (varies by # individuals served)
- Unlimited team training
- Field tested approach for launching and sustaining an organization-wide personalized music program.
- Includes one year of training and support
- Open to all community-based and health care organizations
- Equipment not included.
Music & Memory’s personalized music program has been field-tested in thousands of care settings throughout the US and around the world. As a MUSIC & MEMORY® Certified Care Organization, you will benefit from best practices training, peer-to-peer advice and support, and a wealth of resources — from policies and procedures to evaluation tools and forms.
You’ll learn how to . . .
- Introduce Music & Memory to those in your care and their families;
- Develop personalized playlists for each individual participant;
- Create and maintain an easy-to-search music library;
- Manage equipment security and hygiene;
- Scale your program across your organization;
- Create quality initiatives based on personalized music;
- Use assessment tools to improve your program;
- Build a community constituency that supports your efforts and helps you to grow your program.
And that’s just for starters! As a member of our Music & Memory Care Community, you’ll have access to all the latest training programs, research, tracking tools, marketing materials and more.
"Despite the enormous sums of money spent on mood- and behavior-altering medications that are often not particularly effective, nothing compares to personalized music when it comes to improving quality of life."
- Tony Lewis, Former President and CEO, Cobble Hill LifeCare, Brooklyn, NY
MUSIC & MEMORY® Certification Training consists of two 90-minute live webinars, offered monthly, and is designed to teach organizations how to first pilot Music & Memory, then scale their program to be organization wide. Following the training, all team members will have a full year of access to unlimited training (including Tablet Training), resources, volunteer support, free music, peer discussion, and email/phone support from Music & Memory.
Training costs are based on the number of residents/clients served by the organization (for-profit or non-profit):
51 or more: $1,250
8 or fewer: $500
Number of residents/clients served refers to “number of beds”. For organizations with multiple sites, serving 51 or more residents/clients, each additional site is $800. Hospital pricing is $800 per department.
The first year of training and support is included in the certification fee. After that, an organization pays $200 annually to continue accessing Music & Memory services, these include:
- Unlimited staff team training
- Program resources
- Peer support
- Free music
- Phone/email support from Music & Memory
All of the above resources help to sustain a program in the long run. Staff come and go, but a Music & Memory program can sustain for years by continually sending new staff for certification training.
Annual renewal fee for hospitals is $200 per department.
Program Equipment Costs
Organizations are responsible for providing equipment. Equipment costs vary depending on the size of the organization and method of delivery. General recommendations are offered during certification training. As a general guideline for assembling an equipment budget, we recommend budgeting about $100 per person. This includes music players, headphones, and starter music.
During certification training, organizations are offered the opportunity to purchase some program equipment at a discount through partnering vendors.
Discounted equipment is not available outside the United States and Canada.
June 22nd & 23rd; 1:00-2:30 p.m. EST
July 20th & 21st; 1:00-2:30 p.m. EST
August 17th & 18th; 1:00-2:30 p.m. EST
*Payment deadline is one week before the first day of the live webinar.
*Training dates can be modified after registration.
We look forward to seeing you at the next training!
For questions, email email@example.com.