To our healthcare professionals and those working on the front lines of this crisis, we can’t thank you enough. As more organizations are looking for in room activities to help reduce isolation and distress, Music & Memory is working harder than ever to ensure that our certified organizations remain connected and equipped with the best resources and training for providing personalized music where it’s needed most.
We want to share our gratitude by offering free resources, discounts and extensions on our provided services, as well as resources for moving quickly to bring personalized music to those in your care. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- All certified organizations with current memberships will receive an additional three months of Music & Memory support added to their annual membership at no cost. This offering will also extend to those certified organizations that renewed in February and March 2020, and for those organizations whose memberships are currently past due or pending renewal, we are offering three months of free access to our training, resources and support (ends July 31st). Email firstname.lastname@example.org to take advantage of this offer.
- In addition, Music & Memory certification training will be offered at a 50% discount through the end of June, which includes one year of Music & Memory training and support via the Music & Memory Care Community. Training is available to teams of all sizes as a live 2-day intensive webinar or on demand via the Care Community website.
On April 16th, 2020, Music & Memory hosted a special webinar for certified organizations to share ideas and updates regarding best practices for providing personalized music during this crisis, including methods for quickly starting a Music & Memory program, hygiene standards, music discovery in the age of social distancing, and additional support options and materials for immediate use.
Watch the recording: COVID-19 Support Webinar
Download from our list of free genre-based playlists for use at home. Genre based playlists are not a substitute for a personalized playlist, but they do make for a solid starting point and something to build from during the music discovery process.
For more information about how to make a personalized music playlist, please see our free guide How to Make a Personalized Playlist for a Loved One at Home.
Civil Money Penalty Reinvestment Program
One of the most heartbreaking realities of the Covid-19 pandemic has been the disconnection between residents living in senior living communities and their families. CMS, through their Civil Monetary Penalty (CMP) Reinvestment program, is making it extremely easy for skilled nursing communities to purchase tablets to help address this isolation. This initiative has been structured to make the application easy to complete and there are no reporting requirements if you receive funding.
Here are the main criteria:
- You are a skilled nursing community that is eligible to receive Medicaid funding for your residents.
- You are allocated up to $3,000 per community, with a ratio of one tablet for every seven to ten residents.
- You commit to use the tablets to reduce isolation, primarily through video chat.
- You have a sufficient level of internet connectivity throughout your community.
- Submit the application to your state CMP contact*.
News & Updates